Planning and building your own greenhouse can be overwhelming. There are so many different greenhouse covering materials to choose from. The Solexx™ Greenhouse Covering Rolls are one of the best options you’ll stumble upon. Made from high-density polyethylene (HDPE), these 3.5mm and 5mm thick rolls are robust yet flexible. This is making it a breeze to cover any greenhouse frame, be it a hoop house or a custom wooden one.
Although they are lightweight, these coverings are extremely durable, UV-resistant, and built to withstand all weather conditions. Plus, they are shatterproof. Whether it’s heavy snow, strong winds, hail, or snow, your plants are well protected.
Now, let’s talk about one of its best features: light diffusion. Unlike traditional coverings, Solexx™ disperses light uniformly, eliminating hot or cold spots. This means all your plants get their fair share of light from all angles, leading to healthier growth and better yields.
Solexx™ Greenhouse Covering Rolls also keep your greenhouse snug during cold nights and cool during hot days, thanks to its twin-wall structure that provides great insulation. Imagine the savings on heating and cooling costs!
Maintenance? A walk in the park. These coverings resist scratching, yellowing and degradation, keeping your greenhouse in tip-top condition.
All in all, if you’re looking to create an optimal growing environment while keeping your plants safe, the Solexx™ Greenhouse Covering Rolls are an excellent choice. They blend durability, superior light diffusion, and excellent insulation in an easy-to-install product. It’s truly the best for your DIY greenhouse.
Features & Benefits of Solexx Greenhouse Covering Rolls
- Strong, shatter-proof glazing in 3.5mm or 5mm thickness
- Flexible material can be bent around corners
- Easy to install and can be cut with a utility knife
- Diffused light: prevents hot spots, allows light to reach all areas of the greenhouse evenly, and accelerates plant growth by 25-30%
- High longevity of panels: contain UV inhibitor, which is different to a coating that could scratch or wear off (comes with 10-year UV warranty)
- Double-walled polyethylene glazing insulates greenhouse well (less cost for heating and cooling)
- Proven to provide better insulation than 8mm triple-wall Polycarbonate
- Insulation rating: 2.1 R (3.5mm Solexx™), 2.3 R (5mm Solexx™)
- 3.5mm: 49.5in wide x 400ft long, 49.5in wide x 900ft long
- 5mm: 50.5in wide x 300ft long, 50.5in wide x 600ft long, 63in wide x 300ft long, 75.5in wide x 300ft long
- Warranty: 10-year limited
- Made in USA
- Shipping: Ships as a roll via UPS
In order to give you the best price, please call (512) 256- 0220 or email us ([email protected]) with your delivery address, quantity, and size of panels. We will provide you with the best price available.
Compare the insulation quality of Solexx™ to other greenhouse coverings on the market:
|5mm Solexx Panels
|3.5mm Solexx Panels
|Double Pane Storm Windows
|10mm Twin-wall Polycarbonate
|8mm Twin-wall Polycarbonate
|4mm Twin-wall Polycarbonate
|Single Pane Glass, 3mm
|Poly Film 6mm
R-Value – the measurement of ‘insulating ability’ of the material. The higher the R-Value number the greater the insulation value.
U-Value – the measurement of ‘heat loss’ through the material. The lower the U-Value the less heat is escaping.
What began with a corrugated polyethylene plastic in 1986 evolved into a high performance greenhouse covering that is now used in Solexx Hobby Greenhouses and covering materials.
The CEO team of Mike and Bev Perry saw great growing success while experimenting with the material in hot houses for the agriculture industry. So they began developing hobby greenhouse kits using these light diffusing panels to make it easily available for hobby gardeners as well. Solexx Hobby Greenhouses are proudly manufactured in the USA, with company headquarters just outside Salem, OR.