Escape to your Gardener’s Oasis greenhouse. You’ll have a maximum growing area with two double-tiered, built-in bench frames providing you over 76 sq. ft. of bench area in the 8ft x 8ft unit for hours of year-round gardening pleasure – and you’ll love the 8ft height!
All Gardener’s Oasis Greenhouse Kits come standard with a large louvered air vent and are covered with advanced double-walled SolexxTM paneling. The Oasis, like all other Solexx Greenhouse Kits, is expandable, so if you outgrow your greenhouse you can easily expand it later.
Features & Benefits of the Solexx 8 x 12 Gardener’s Oasis Greenhouse
- Freestanding arched greenhouse creates a perfect environment for year-round growing
- Sidewall material/thickness: Twin-wall 3.5mm Solexx greenhouse panels (upgrade to 5mm panels for high altitude or heavy snow areas)
- Strong, shatterproof panels diffuse light throughout greenhouse
- Diffused light prevents hot spots, allows light to reach all areas of the greenhouse evenly, and accelerates plant growth by 25-30%
- Double-walled polyethylene glazing insulates greenhouse well (less cost for heating and cooling)
- Proven to provide better insulation than 8mm triple-wall Polycarbonate
- High longevity of panels: contain UV inhibitor, which is different to a coating that could scratch or wear off (come with 10-year UV warranty)
- Frame material: Heavy-duty composite frame is rust, corrosion and mildew free
- Easy to assemble steel fittings
- No foundation required because of sturdy, built-in base
- Door: 1x single hinged door (35in wide x 75.75in height), lockable
- Vent: 1x Easy Flow Louver
- Insulation rating: 2.1 R (3.5mm Solexx), 2.3 R (5mm Solexx)
- Included in the Solexx Gardener’s Oasis Greenhouse 8 x 12 Base Kit:
- Frame profiles with built-in base, glazing, and hardware
- 1x door
- 1x Easy Flow Louver
- Bench frames: 2x double-tiered bench frames, full length, 29in deep, hold 500 Lbs
- Hanging rods: 2x full-length hanging rods, hold 200 Lbs
- Deluxe option features:
- Solexx Gardener’s Oasis Greenhouse 8 x 12 Base Kit
- 6x base vents for optimal ground up cross ventilation
- 1x solar opener adjusts Louver vent without electricity
- Wire bench shelves
- Tie down kit
- Rainwater gutter system: No (not possible because of the greenhouse shape)
- Expandable: Yes, in 8ft sections
- Frame color: White
- Peak height (exterior): 8 ft
- Aisle width: 36in
- Floor space: 96 sq. ft.
- Dimensions: 8ft wide x 12ft long x 8ft high
- Warranty: 10 years limited
- Made in the USA
Is a Solexx greenhouse easy to heat?
Although it seems like slim panels, Solexx performs very well in the winter. The 3.5 and 5 mm twin-walled Polyethylene loses less heat than 8mm triple-walled Polycarbonate.
Let’s look at some numbers. R-value stands for insulation factor (higher is better) and U-value stands for heat loss (lower is better):
- 5mm Solexx: 2.30 R, 0.43 U
- 3.5mm Solexx: 2.10 R, 0.48 U
- 8mm triple-walled Polycarbonate: 2.0 R, 0.50 U
- 10mm twin-walled Polycarbonate: 1.89 R, 0.53 U
- 8mm twin-walled Polycarbonate (standard): 1.60 R, 0.63 U
- 3mm single pane glass: 0.95 R, 1.05 U
This means that you won’t need much heating in your Solexx greenhouse. You may only need big black buckets filled with water. They will heat up during the day and retain the heat for the nighttime. A small greenhouse heater might be needed if your area gets very cold with little sun.
Is the greenhouse portable and/or can it be disassembled?
The greenhouse is portable in one piece. It can be moved on a trailer from one area to another for the best light. It may not be possible to move larger greenhouses. Disassembly of the greenhouse is not suggested. The panels are attached to the frame with screws, and once the screws are removed realigning the panels to the pipe would be very difficult. The construction also involves glue that cannot be disassembled.
What is the difference between Garden Master and Gardener’s Oasis?
The difference is the shape. The Garden Master has a conventional “house” shape while the Gardener’s Oasis has an arched shape like a tunnel greenhouse.
Do all Solexx greenhouses have windows?
Yes, they all come with large Louver windows. If you pick the Deluxe option, you will get an automatic solar opener for the Louver vent(s) which works without electricity and base vents for more airflow. The only exception is the Early Bloomer which features a regular side vent for the back.
Assembly & Preparation
How do I prepare the site for my greenhouse?
There are plenty of options for you to prepare the ground before setting up the greenhouse. You can place your Solexx greenhouse on any leveled area because it has an integrated base frame. We usually recommend gravel, dirt, or pea rock. A south facing area is best to get the maximum sun exposure.
What tools are needed to assemble the greenhouse?
Assembly requires tools most have readily available. You will need a screwdriver, variable speed drill, sharp knife or utility knife, tape measure, step ladder, caulk, caulking gun, clear PVC glue, and a level.
How long will it take to assemble the greenhouse?
Most kits will take a weekend for two people to assemble.
Do I need to add shelves to the bench frames?
There are bench shelves available that are specially designed to fit the Solexx greenhouses. You can also design your own shelving to fit on top of the bench frames, for example by using wood slats and 1/2″ open wire mesh (hardware cloth). Whatever material you choose, keep in mind that plants grow better when there is some airflow beneath the roots.
How can I maintain an adequate temperature in the greenhouse in the summer?
With the Deluxe kits, solar vent openers are included to assist in keeping the greenhouse cool. No electricity is required to operate these openers. However, this may not be enough for your area. You can also add more ventilation or an exhaust fan in order to keep the temperature low.
What heaters do you recommend?
This highly depends on the size of the greenhouse and how you want to use your greenhouse in winter. We offer some heaters here, but you may just check out a local hardware shop that provides more options. If you want to learn more about greenhouse heaters, read this guide first.
What makes Solexx greenhouse panels different from others?
Solexx greenhouse panels are available in 3.5mm and 5mm thicknesses. These unique, strong, shatterproof Polyethylene panels diffuse light throughout the greenhouse. This diffused light prevents hot spots and allows light to reach all areas of the greenhouse evenly. This will increase the growth rate of your plants by 25-30%. The double-walled greenhouse material insulates by holding in heat. It is proven to provide better insulation than 8mm triple-wall polycarbonate.
Are Solexx greenhouses able to withstand high winds?
As long as the greenhouse is firmly anchored, you should not have problems. Although no rating is available, the combination of a strong frame and flexible paneling performs well in high winds. The greenhouse covering attaches over the top of the frame, so there are no gaps for wind to twist or push the material through the frame.
Do the Solexx panels discolor or break down in the sun?
Solexx panels contain a UV inhibitor throughout the material. This means it is not simply a coating that can scratch or wear off. This covering will not yellow, mold, or mildew. In addition, the covering has a 10-year limited warranty against ultraviolet breakdown in the unlikely event of issues.
What cleaning maintenance is required?
The glazing can be rinsed or wiped clean without the worry of scratching due to its unique material. We recommend a wash with a mild soap or a bleach solution yearly or when needed. It’s a good idea to do this to keep your greenhouse clean and to maximize light transmission.
How are the greenhouses shipped?
Most greenhouses are shipped via UPS. The greenhouse kit easily fits in the back of a truck or roomy sports utility vehicle.