The Riga 4 is for the serious gardener with limited space. Its heavy-duty construction and twin-wall Polycarbonate glazing allow a problem-free growing all year long. This is a real greenhouse, not only a “season expander”. With 8mm UV coated Polycarbonate glazing on the sides and 10mm in the front and back, the Riga uses a thicker material that insulates better than a glass window in your house.
The Riga is designed, engineered and manufactured by Hoklartherm in Germany, where they have to deal with the drastically changing weather.
The “onion” shape provides no surface to snow or wind. Snow loads will just slide off the sides and severe winds blow over the greenhouse. The frame profiles are thicker or have a larger diameter than other greenhouses, which makes the construction stronger.
The large windows open and close automatically according to the temperature inside the greenhouse. Additionally, you can open the upper part of the Dutch barn style door to provide great airflow. The door is wide enough to push a wheelbarrow into your Riga 4.
Features & Benefits of Hoklartherm Riga 4 Greenhouse
- Sturdy “onion”-shaped construction that withstands large amounts of snow and strong winds
- First-class insulation: R or K-value 3.0
- Smooth finished anodized aluminum frame/profiles
- 1 wide, heavy-duty Dutch barn style door – 30in wide x 79in high
- 1 large rear wall window
- Door handle with key lock
- 8mm UV-coated twin-wall Polycarbonate glazing on the side walls
- 10mm UV-coated twin-wall Polycarbonate glazing in front and back gables
- Heavy-duty rubber seals
- Silicon caulk to seal around windows
- Inside walking height: 6f 1in near shelves, 7ft 6in in the middle
- 2 roof windows (40in wide x 24in length) with an automatic opener
- Floor space: 135 sq. ft. (9ft 8in wide x 14ft long)
- Assembly time: 2 people – 1 day; 3 people – 6-8 hours
- Twin-wall Polycarbonate: 10 years – prorated after 5 years.
- Frame: 15 years
The RIGA is attractive and beautiful to look at – fits well into an upscale garden setting.
With a combination of strong materials and durable hardware, the Riga is by far the strongest greenhouse of its size under $8,000.
Made in Germany with 30 years of experience!
The Polycarbonate glazing on the Riga is German made and believed to be of superior quality than the much more common Polygal or GE glazing.
One major advantage of the Riga’s construction method is that the frame profiles are permanently attached to each other, and won’t come loose over time due to wind pressures. For a better anchoring in the floor, you can add the heavy-duty foundation frame.
Riga 4 Greenhouse Premium Kit
If you want to use shelves and a base frame, the Riga 4 Greenhouse Kit will be the best choice.
Includes the following items:
- Riga 4 Greenhouse
- Foundation frame
- 10in deep top shelf (attached to greenhouse side)
- 25in deep regular shelf
Riga 4 Greenhouse Door Extension Kit
If you want to raise your door because you set your Riga 4 on a stem wall, you can buy a door extension kit. It will raise the height by 20 inches.
If you need more shelves or another combination of accessories, please, don’t hesitate and call or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**This product is delivered via LTL which is curbside delivery only. The driver will be using a pallet jack and liftgate to slide the crate off and will need help from the customer with the unloading of the framing cartons. We recommend having a couple of people there for the delivery.**