There are plants that are sensitive to intense sunlight. We have to protect them from drying up. We need to have a cooler place without the hassles of transferring them from time to time. Plants also need protection from birds and other animals that may destroy crops. Riverstone Black Knitted Shade Cloth can do this job for you.
The Riverstone line of custom made knitted shade clothes is created to give a simple to use a shade-providing cloth that is UV-stable and will last for many years in all environments. The knitted shades are prepared in 3 of the most popular shade percentages 30%, 50%, & 70%. The percentage reflects the amount of shade that is being provided. For example, a 30% shade cloth would block out 30% of the light, whereas a 70% shade cloth would block out up to 70% of the light. This also reflects how tightly woven the shade clothes are.
The RSI knitted shade cloths are 20% thinner and lighter than the woven ones. It is stronger than woven fabrics due to the interlocking features and design of the fibers. The threading will not move to keep the steadiness of the material, even when torn.
Each Black Knitted Shade Cloth comes with rust-resistant brass grommets for securing the shade cloth. The grommets are set approximately 2ft apart around the border of each shade cloth.
To give you the most possible options, Riverstone offers their shade clothes in various sizes. Available widths are 5ft, 6ft, 10ft, and 12ftand eight different lengths (8ft, 10ft, 12ft, 15ft, 18ft, 20ft, 25ft, and 30ft).
Do you want to take a look at Riverstone’s Black Woven Shade Cloth? Click here!
All RSI knitted shades are proudly made in the USA.
Note: This product ships on Tuesdays and Thursdays only and can take 8-10 days because the cloth is custom cut.
Features & Benefits of Riverstone Black Knitted Shade Cloth
- Knitted design to last longer than woven material
- Quick assembly: No tool needed
- Rust-resistant brass grommets
- Material: UV-stable Polypropylene
- Helps to extend the growing season
- Cool the space that is being covered the least expensive way
- Keeps plants, people, animals cool
- Reduce moisture loss
- Protect assets from bird-related damage
- Better ventilation than other materials
- Resists chemicals
- Lightweight and easy on supporting structures
- Water permeable for rainfall and irrigation
- Protects plants and animals from heat and light
- Cover greenhouses and patios
- Shades the following:
- UV-sensitive plants
- Livestock and poultry
- Work areas
- Hail protection
- Bird netting
- Temporary fencing
- Erosion control
- Building sand dunes
- Available widths are 5ft, 6ft, 10ft, and 12ft
- Available lengths are 8ft, 10ft, 12ft, 15ft, 18ft, 20ft, 25ft, and 30ft
- Warranty: 7-year limited warranty
- Proudly made in the USA