The Aerobin is the first composter that doesn’t require extra work. Just drop your waste, no turning required. The Aerobin 400 Insulated Composter uses a patented lung® or aeration core inside a sealed bin. This promotes the aerobic break down of organic matter, which experts say is the preferable method to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
The thermal insulation in the Aerobin 400 conserves heat, leading to rapid breakdown of the biomass and works efficiently year-round, even in cooler regions. There is no need to turn the biomass and it is pet and rodent resistant. It has little odor and can kill noxious weeds and seeds.
The Aerobin 400 is easy to use – just open, drop and close. After a short time, fertile compost is produced, which is easily accessed via the lower side door.
The Aerobin 400 comes with a reservoir at the bottom to collect the leachate, which when diluted makes for great “compost-tea” liquid fertilizer.
Watch this video to learn more about the Aerobin:
Features & Benefits of Aerobin 400 Insulated Composter
- Insulated side walls and lid for year-round operation: Both to retain heat generated by the aerobic composting process and stop cold ambient air reaching the biomass
- It has a base and a leachate tank for the collection of liquid nutrients dispelled from the biomass (green waste)
- No turning or agitating of the biomass is necessary: Simply drop and forget!
- Aerobin requires no accessories or tools
- It’s vermin resistant
- Aerobin composts kitchen & garden waste quickly
- Moisture recirculation system
- Aerobin lowers GHG emissions
- Materials: 80% copolymer polypropylene, 20% HDPE
- Capacity: 113 gallons (400 liters)
- Dimensions: 29in wide x 29in long x 47in high
Designed in Australia
The Aerobin was designed in Australia, which has hot summers and cold winters. Therefore, this revolutionary new home and garden waste containment system work for a variety of climate zones. The inventors and manufacturers, Global Environment Management (GEM), worked for years on this specific composter to optimize an environmentally sustainable product.