Install the VegTrug Wall Hugger Planter along a fence or wall to create a neat and accessible vegetable producing area in a very small space. Start growing plants at a simple, ergonomic height: No bending or kneeling to plant. It is great for elderlies and people in a wheelchair. The slanted bed provides perfect growing positions for a variety of plants.
The raised bed intends no weeds and fewer pests, too. This is excellent for apartment residents with limited area and you can take it with you if you relocate. It includes a tailored fabric liner to keep soil contained while allowing excess water drain. Plastic feet shield wood from wet surfaces. It is so easy to assemble.
The Wall Hugger has all the equal advantages of the classic VegTrug planter, only it has been created particularly for narrow spaces with one vertical side with the ability to reach the planter next to a wall.
Features & Benefits of VegTrug Wall Hugger Planter
- Ideal for narrow spaces
- Place in front of wall or fence for more vertical growing space
- Feet covers to protect the wood
- Pre-formed liner included
- Comfortable working height, easy wheelchair access
- Keeps produce away from slugs and animals/pets
- Easy assembly
- Unique V-shape allows deep-rooted to produce
- Optional accessory: Strawberry planter kit
- Increases berry yield per square foot
- Produces berries vertically for easy picking
- The sturdy push-fit frame can be assembled in minutes
- Greenhouse cover helps ripen fruit
- More room for increased airflow to prevent fruit from rotting
- Dimensions: 39in wide x 16in long x 23.6 high (fits on small Wall Hugger, buy 2 Strawberry Kits for the medium WallHugger)
- Wall Hugger Small takes 170 liters of compost
- Wall Hugger Medium takes 310 liters of compost
- Available colors: Natural and grey wash
- Material: FSC 100%
- Dimensions (Small): 40.6in wide x 18in long x 31.5in high
- Dimensions (Medium): 72in wide x 18in long x 31.5in high
Additional accessories for the Wall Hugger
Strawberry Planter Kit
This planter is ideal for folks who don’t have a lot of garden space for planting. It is made so strawberries spread vertically for easy picking. It gives more room for increased airflow to prevent fruit from rotting.
VegTrug Wall Hugger Side Table
The VegTrug Wall Hugger Side Table is a convenient and attractive working exterior, perfect for your Classic VegTrug. Here are a firm and strong working table. The side table is ready for and portable for you to have a flat surface close by to work on.
Features and Benefits
- No assembly
- Folding for easy storage
- Clips onto all standard width VegTrugs
- Ideal for potting on
- Sturdy durable table
- No bending
- Comfortable working height
- Dimensions: 18in wide x 24in long x 31in high
Bee Bar – VegTrug Leg Frame Insert
This simple but effective habitat provides a large number of cardboard tubes in which these gentle non-swarming and non-aggressive lay their eggs. They are perfectly safe to attract into the garden as the DO NOT sting.
Solitary bees are non-aggressive so they are perfectly safe to encourage into the garden and will not be a danger to children or pets. Once the bees start to use this nester, it will be used year after year as the population increases. Read more about the Bee Bar here!
Features and Benefits of the Bee Bar – VegTrug Leg Frame Insert
- This enclosure only attracts non-swarming, non-stinging solitary bees
- Grow up to 85% more fruit and vegetables
- Creates an entire ecosystem especially when used in combination with your VegTrug Raised Bed Planter
- 70% FSC-certified sustainable wood/cardboard
- 100% Safe for children and pets
- Colors: Natural and grey