The Junior Victorian Greenhouse not only provides a first-class quality greenhouse environment, it also adds significant old fashion English style and beauty to your backyard. This is a classic English greenhouse with the best insulation and features of modern technology.
The Victorian Greenhouse is one of the premier greenhouses in the “Helios” line of greenhouses from Janssens in Belgium. This company has been making high-end glass greenhouses for over 30 years.
The Junior Victorian Greenhouse uses 4mm tempered glass while others use only 3mm glass. All glass panes are secured with heavy-duty rubber seals for better insulation all the way around – others use only metal clips or flimsy thin rubber strips. The vertical glass is only one piece, which looks much nicer because it doesn’t create an overlapping which fills with dirt like other models.
Features & Benefits of Janssens Junior Victorian J-VIC 24 Greenhouse
- Classic English-style greenhouse with decorative roof ridge has great insulation and high-standard build quality
- Frame material: Thick, strong aluminum frame, frame finish is applied electrostatically for a thicker application and better coverage
- Sidewall material/thickness: 4mm tempered glass
- Great insulation: Tightly fitted design with rubber seals, 4mm tempered glass, and rubber seals around windows
- Door: 1x sliding door that can be installed on gable ends
- Roof vents: 2x roof vents with automatic window openers that open when it gets too hot in the greenhouse
- Included in the Junior Victorian J-VIC 24 base kit:
- Frame, glazing, rubber seals, and hardware
- 4in high foundation frame
- 2x roof vents with automatic openers
- 1x sliding door
- Gutters with downspouts
- Assembly guide (also available here)
- Included in the Premium Kit:
- Junior Victorian J-VIC 24 base kit
- 1x seed tray shelf (7ft 6in long, 20in wide, 4in deep) for the back of the greenhouse
- 1x full-length shade cloths with pull ribbons
- Rainwater gutter system: Gutter with downspouts on both sides
- Expandable: No
- Frame color: Black
- Sidewall height: 5ft 2in
- Peak height (exterior): 8ft 2in
- Floor space: 96 sq. ft.
- Dimensions: 7ft 8in wide x 12ft 6in long x 8ft 2in high
- Assembly time: Plan for a full weekend and get some helpers. You may also need to plan more time to prepare the base because you will need to build a concrete footer.
- Warranty: 15 years limited
- Made in Belgium
- Shipping information: Greenhouse ships on 1 pallet and 2 long boxes. This product is delivered via LTL which is curbside delivery only. The driver will be using a pallet jack and liftgate to slide the crate off and will need help from the customer with the unloading of the framing boxes. We recommend having a couple of people there for the delivery.
Since the introduction of the Victorian model in 1999, they have become a leading supplier of this style of greenhouse in Europe.
Janssens has not only improved on the overall design of this greenhouse style, they have also improved the internal growing environment, and done all of this at a better price than others.
Does it need a concrete foundation?
All Janssens greenhouses require proper footing because of the included foundation frame. We don’t recommend complete concrete slabs because they hold a lot of heat in the summer and a lot of cold in the winter. A glass greenhouse already heats up and cools down very easily. A footer filled with gravel, dirt, or pea rock in the middle is a better option.
You have to cement the foundation into the footer for the perfect stability. Do not set concrete in the corners until the entire greenhouse frame is complete, level, and square! Please, have a look at the manual or this assembly video for the Royal Victorians. They illustrate how it’s done correctly.
Can I put the Royal Victorians on a stem wall?
Yes, you can purchase a drop door kit so that you can install the greenhouse on a 10-40” high stem wall. Please note, the kit does not include the glass that goes on top of the door. You can purchase this piece locally to suit your desired height.
Is it possible/wise to remove the rain gutters, say during the winter months?
No, the gutters are part of the aluminum extrusion.
Should we choose glass or Polycarbonate?
To keep it short: Glass is purely for aesthetics and Polycarbonate for functionality. You’ll have more protection from the weather and a better growing environment with Polycarbonate. It doesn’t look as nice as glass, though. For more details, read our article to help you with this choice.
What’s the difference between Royal Victorian and Junior Victorian?
Junior Victorians are overall shorter and come in smaller sizes. When you compare the dimensions of the J-VIC 23 and VI 23, you’ll see that the center height is shorter. Also, the shoulder is significantly lower 5ft 2in on the J-VIC 23, versus 6ft 7in on the VI 23.
What is the difference between a Royal and Retro Victorian greenhouse?
The Royal Victorians have complete glass panels. The Retro Victorian utilizes narrower 14″ vertical panels of 4mm tempered glass with decorative non-glass panels for the lower sections. This creates a totally different look and might be an advantage in some weather situations.
What is TUV & GS testing?
Products bearing the GS mark have been subjected to rigorous testing and evaluation. TUV & GS is German testing similar to UL Independent Testing and Certification in the United States. It is voluntary testing and certification that means a sampling of the product has been tested for safety and found to meet the minimum requirements of the German Equipment and Product Safety Act.
Accessories and add-ons
What heater would you recommend?
This highly depends on the size of the greenhouse. We offer some heaters here and guide you through picking the right heater here.
Do you sell an extra sliding door?
The Janssens Royal Victorian Single Sliding Door can be added at the back or side of your greenhouse. This way you can create two entrances. You can find the product here.
Janssens VI 34
Does the VI 34 come with a hinged double door?
No, it has a single sliding door. You can order a hinged double door if you desire one. Call or email for pricing.
Janssens VI 46
Is VI 46 a kit with instructions that a reasonably skilled craftsman and another person can assemble?
You can have a look at the manual and resources here and judge for yourself. If you feel it’s too complicated or you don’t have anyone who can help you, we recommend professional installation. You can hire a local contractor for the job. Installation can also be discussed with Exaco (the importer), especially if you are in Texas. You can reach them at (512) 407-8500. You should use Ext 701 to talk to Claudia and she can get the prices.
Where can I find a pdf of the assembly instructions for the Royal Victorian Orangerie?
You can find the assembly instructions (including the foundation information) on our manuals page.
Is the EOS Junior T Orangerie 10 ft front to back and 13 feet left to right as you stand at the front entry?
From the door to the back is 3189mm, which is roughly 10.46ft and the 13ft is indeed left to right as you stand at the front entry. Check Page 9 of the manual for more details.
Where does this ship from?
Do you deliver to the house?
This product is delivered via LTL which is curbside delivery only. You will need to work with the driver to unload the contents of the crate, leaving the crate on the truck. The exception would be if you have a forklift or tractor with long forks available, which can be used with the liftgate to lower the entire crate to the ground. We recommend having a couple of people there for the delivery. The VI 36 and VI 46 are particularly heavy.
How long does it typically take for the shipment to arrive?
It usually takes about 2 weeks for your order to arrive. This unit ships from Texas. It takes 1-2 business days to package and then it ships to the shipping facility located nearest to you. The shipper then makes contact to schedule a delivery.
Due to the high demand during this pandemic, we are running low on products, and shipping companies take longer than usual. Please, keep this in mind when ordering. We will send you a follow-up email if there is a longer waiting time for your order.