This raised bed is stable and won’t rock or twist. The height is perfect for elderlies or people with back pain. This way you don’t have to bend over for planting and taking care of your plants. The Classic VegTrug Raised Bed Planter is ideal for patio or balcony gardening. The V-shape is intended to accommodate deeper-rooted plants like tomatoes.
The water drains well from the VegTrug so that you don’t have to worry when it rains heavily. The small 3.2-ft long VegTrug can hold up to 3.5 (63 qt) bags of compost. This unit is delivered in one flat packed box. Assembling this raised bed is so easy and it comes with full instructions and labels on materials.
Each VegTrug comes with a purpose built, fitted membrane liner (also available as a replacement item). This can be easily netted or covered if necessary. It is sourced from sustainable plantation growing fir which will last for many years. Caps are also included which prevent the wood from rotting on moist or wet grounds.
Features & Benefits of Classic VegTrug Raised Bed Planter
- Stable construction with solid wood
- Grow plants without bending too much
- Ideal for patio or balcony gardening
- The V-shape is intended to accommodate deeper-rooted plants
- Water drains well
- Delivered flat packed in one box
- Comes with a purpose built, fitted membrane liner
- Can be easily netted or covered if necessary
- Sourced from sustainable plantation growing fir
- Caps are also included
- Easy assembly
- Capacity (small): 3.5 (63 qt) bags of compost (222 qt total)
- Capacity (medium): 7 (63 qt) bags of compost (444 qt total)
- Dimensions (small): 40.8in wide x 30.4in deep x 32in high
- Dimensions (medium): 72in wide x 30.4in deep x 32in high
Additional Accessories for the Classic VegTrug
Bee Bar – VegTrug Leg Frame Insert
This simple but effective habitat provides a large number of cardboard tubes in which these gentle non-swarming and non-aggressive lay their eggs. They are perfectly safe to attract into the garden as they DO NOT sting.
From March to August the female bees will lay eggs in the tubes and create a series of cells separated by mud or leaf walls depending on species. The larvae will develop over the winter period in the tubes and will then emerge as adult bees the following spring. The males and females then mate and the whole cycle of the females laying the larvae in the tubes begins over again.
Solitary bees are highly effective pollinators of flowers, vegetables, and fruit crops and pollinate up to 85% more than a honey bee. By encouraging the bees to nest in your garden you are helping the conservation of these bees as well as improving the yields of your crops.
Solitary bees are non-aggressive so they are perfectly safe to encourage into the garden and will not be a danger to children or pets. Once the bees start to use this nester, it will be used year after year as the population increases.
Features and Benefits of the Bee Bar – VegTrug Leg Frame Insert
- This enclosure only attracts non-swarming, non-stinging solitary bees
- Grow up to 85% more fruit and vegetables
- Creates an entire ecosystem especially when used in combination with your VegTrug Raised Bed Planter
- 70% FSC-certified sustainable wood/cardboard
- 100% Safe for children and pets
- Colors: Natural and Grey
Cold Frame Top for Classic VegTrug
- Easy assembly
- 3.5mm Polycarbonate for insulation
- Safety shatterproof material
- Heat retention over winter
- Ventilation post
- Fully opening for easy access
- Can be used directly on the ground
- Dimensions (Small): 30in wide x 41in long x 18in high
- Dimensions (Medium): 30in wide x 71in long x 26in high
Please note: The planter is not included (only cold frame top)
VegTrug Classic Side Table
The VegTrug Classic Side Table keeps equipment close at hand. The extra rack gives room for potting, tools, bags of soil, sprinklers, and other supplies for planting and managing your Vegtrug garden. You can install it in no time with the three brackets and screws provided. Plastic caps shield its feet from moist soil.
Features and Benefits of VegTrug Classic Side Table
- No assembly
- Folding for easy storage
- Clips onto all standard width VegTrugs
- Ideal for potting on
- Sturdy durable table
- No bending
- Comfortable working height
- Dimensions: 30in wide x 24in long x 31in high